Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Goal #1 COMPLETED

Goal #1: Eat only from the pantry for a month

Guidelines:
  • Eat only from the pantry, freezer, refrigerator
  • No eating out
  • May purchase milk, eggs, bread and fresh produce
  • Begins today with no pre-planning or stockpile shopping
Exceptions:
  • Cooking for others: may purchase ingredients for donated meals
  • May accept dinner invites from friends
Launch Date: 1/8
End Date: 2/8

Lessons Learned:
  • Forced creativity: I have made some of the most delicious (and healthy!) meals just by trying new combinations based on what I had on hand.
  • Rationing: I found myself more conscientious about quantities, leftovers, throwing away food. I might end up needing that item in a few weeks!
  • Week 3 is tough. Not because I'm running out of food but because I'm getting bored with what I have and am tempted to go buy fries. I'm headed to PA tomorrow to spend time with family and will have to break the "no eating out" rule a few times.
  • I am a person of excess. True American.

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP