Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Revolution not Resolution

I'm not a New Year's resolution person. Never have been. Long story short, I wanted to do something goal oriented for 2011 but didn't know where to begin. And honestly, I didn't give it much thought (ok who am I kidding...didn't give it ANY thought!). Then during a girl's night out with my very inspiring friend, Anna, we landed on this idea. Based on Jen Hatmaker's concept of "Seven," we came up with our own personal "Seven" challenge.

Jen's goal for her "Sevens" was to minimize the excess in her life. My "Seven" project has a different purpose. I analyzed the areas of my life that I'm weak in and set a challenge or goal that will help me improve in that area. So each area ends up getting addressed in some small way throughout the year. When I finished composing my list (seen in the "Seven" Goals to the right), I thought that maybe I'd over done it. It seemed a bit much. But my hope is that I at least see progress...that I meet most, if not all, of the goals. And I won't label myself a failure if they aren't all completed.

So this blog is my progress chart. I will track each goal by updating its post and showing its progress. Goals will be tackled randomly, not in order.

Hmmmm...maybe one of my goals should be to NOT have seven health issues this year!

Here's to a revolutionary 2011!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh and, um, yes, I'm trying to get to 21 goals because that is a multiple of 7. Notice there are no goals focusing on improvement of my OCD.

MrsMike said...

LOL not 7 health problems.... thats a good one.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP