Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Goal #14 COMPLETED

Goal #14: Pay it forward seven times

2/16: Gave a $50 gift card to a table of three elderly people at Olive Garden. While Lauren, Maks and I were eating, and planning to use my gift card, I asked God to show me who to give it to instead of using it on us. I thought I had decided on two other tables until I spotted this trio of elderly folks. When their food arrived they held hands and prayed. That was the sign I needed. Our server gave them the anonymous gift.

2/25: I'm not a regular drive thru-er but I "needed" to go to Chic-Fil-a today. A lady cut in front of me in the drive thru line and I was pretty ticked. The line was looooong (at 2pm, go figure!). As she pulled up to the window she took forever because she had a huge order. I was getting more and more perturbed. I suddenly realized I had a "pay it forward" opportunity. I've always wanted to surprise someone at a drive thru. I looked in my rear view mirror and decided to provide a treat for the females behind me (looked like a mother daughter duo). Afterall, the rude lady had also delayed them. I paid for both orders and I drove away with a totally different attitude. Rude lady didn't ruin my day afterall! It was so fun! I was I could have seen their faces.

5/20: I headed to Target today to do a major "restock" shopping trip. I decided that I would purchase a gift card and ask the check-out clerk to give it to the person behind me in line. Well, Jehovah-Jireh, my Provider, had other plans. Target had a special promotion for one of the items on my list...buy 3 and get a $5 gift card! Since I was restocking I didn't mind buying 3! So I got the gift card for free! But when I headed to the registers, they were NO lines. Every clerk was waiting for customers. Great...slim chance that anyone would get in line behind me when there were open registers. Oh me of little faith. As I was paying a woman and little girl got in my line. The clerk handed me the gift card which could only be used for a future a purchase of course. I left it on the counter and whispered, "Give it to the next customer in line." She furrowed her brow and said, "Are you sure?" I smiled and nodded. Thank You, Jesus!

7/1/11: Another Chic-fila stop (I really don't go that often!). This time I bought a $10 gift card. I told the window man to give it to the car behind me. I had to repeat myself because he didn't get it. We finished with my order and he said, "So I guess you know the person in the car behind you?" I said, "Nope!" and drove away. Wish I could have seen his face or heard the discussion amongst all the employees behind the window. I actually was surprised it was unfamiliar to him. Even a little disappointed. I thought it happened more frequently.

7/11/11: anonymous

11/4/11: another drive-thru surprise

12/3/11: an anonymous Christmas surprise

1 comment:

MrsMike said...

oh i guess i should have read further before that last comment on the 7 anonymous gifts lol

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP